Author Dana Littlejohn

Monday, August 15, 2016

Motor City Book Experience take over: NiKay Rountree

My name/ pen name is NiKay Rountree.
I'm a  participant in the Motor City Book Experience August 20th in Detroit Michigan.  
I'm a Shaunta Kenerly Presents Publications  Author. I saw your post in the group and wanted to get a jump on things and send you my excerpt and contact information. Its an women's fiction/romance novel. Thanks so much. Let me know if you need anything else.


Excerpt from The Cheaters Wife
Stephanie: Blind Eyes

I sat in the office waiting area as I anticipated the calling of my name. I couldn’t believe I was here.  I would never have thought that I would be faced with a decision like this.  However, I would die before I had another one of his kids.  I had been with my husband, Marcus, for fifteen years.  We had three kids.  Two boys and a girl. My daughter, Casey, was my little sweetheart, but she was also a daddy’s girl.  That really made me sick, but I understood.  My son’s, Malik and Maurice, were definitely momma’s boys.  I loved my children dearly, but the hell if I was going to bear another one of Marcus’ offspring.  He didn’t deserve it.  He didn’t deserve the ones he had.  Hell, he didn’t deserve me.
“Mrs. Perez-Jenkins,” the nurse called.  “Mrs. Jenkins,” she repeated as she looked around the waiting room.
I wanted to pretend like she wasn’t calling my name and walk out, but I couldn’t.  I had to go through with this.  A baby would only be a burden right now.  I wouldn’t want to bring a child in the world under these circumstances. So, I reluctantly stood up and walked towards the nurse.
“Follow me Mrs. Perez-Jenkins,” she said as she led the way.
“I am very nervous.  I have never done anything like this before,” I told her trying to somehow make myself feel better about the decision I was making.
She looked at me with the most sincere and caring face and replied, “Don’t worry Mrs. Perez-Jenkins.  We will take great care of you.”
We walked into the patient room where they were going to prep me for the procedure.  Again, I wanted to walk away.  It wasn’t too late—yet.  But, after my private detective, Tracy, came back with the news that Marcus was still seeing Kalinia, his old flame from college, I knew this was the right thing for me to do.  Marcus and his lies.  His damn broken promises.  He promised me that I would always be his one and only.  Lie!  He promised me that he would never hurt me. Lie! He promised me that he was not like the men that my best friend, Makiah, seemed to always get involved with.  Another Lie!  He looked me dead in my eyes, with a straight face and said that he would never let another woman come between what we had. Lie, lie, and more lies!
“That lying motherfucker,” I yelled.  Everyone turned around in amazement.
“Are you okay,” the anesthesiologist said.  “I really need you to calm down.  I am about to give you a cocktail mix of Propofol, Midazolam, and Fentanyl.  You will begin to feel a warm sensation all over your body.  It is okay.  Do you feel it yet,” he asked.
I slurred, “Yessss.  I do.  It feels good.”
“Count backwards from 10,” said the anesthesiologist.
“10, 9, 8, 7, 6…,” I said as I began to succumb to the medicine.
I woke up hours later thinking, “Lord, please forgive me for what I have done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment