Author Dana Littlejohn

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wicked Wednesday with A. D. Ellis

The Bryan & Jase: Something About Him by A.D. Ellis

EXCERPT:
I walked through the terminal of the Austin airport, just taking my time before I headed to baggage claim. I was very happy with my life in Indiana, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to be back home in Texas for a long visit.
I was looking forward to meeting up with old friends, seeing former military buddies I hadn’t seen in over a year, and especially spending time with my family. Getting my fill of my momma’s home cooking was at the top of my list of must-dos.
“Keating!”
The voice behind me startled me from my thoughts of mom’s biscuits and gravy.
I knew that voice, but there was no way it was him.
Turning around slowly, bracing myself for disappointment when I saw a face other than the one I hoped it would be, I scanned the crowd.
And there he was.
Jase Rafferty.
It had been over a year since I’d seen him.
Things had been pretty intense between us before we’d parted ways, and it was obvious my heart and body recalled that intensity.

About the Something About Him series
I started a short story in the winter of 2015/2016. It was called Bryan and Jase: The Beginning and it was simply to give my real life Bryan and Jase a story they could enjoy. But, while writing the short story, I realized Bryan and Jase’s story could go much further. Once I checked with Bryan to be sure he was okay with me publishing this story, I got to work on the full-length story. During the planning, I decided Something About Him could be a four book (or more!) series because I had some real-life scenarios bouncing around in my head. The stories will all be male/male romance (because I’ve fallen in love with that genre since writing my first male/male Sawyer) and I hope to release them all in 2016. The stories will be Bryan & Jase, Brody & Nick, Barrett & Ivan and Braeton & Drew (and at the writing of this blog post, I have an idea for a fifth book bouncing in my head!)

Side note-- As an author, I let the characters’ behaviors run true to who they are and what they are telling me. Do I always agree with their actions? Heck no! If you’ve read my very first book, For Nicky, you know that Audrey does something really bad. I hated what she did. And I wanted Nate to get revenge on her, make her pay. But that isn’t the way he wanted to play it out.
In Bryan & Jase, I didn’t really like the way Jase handled a couple things. But, again, that’s how HE wanted to play things out.
My point with this note is this: Bad things happen. Good people screw up. We won’t always agree with everything every person does. And we can’t say we’d never do something unless we were in the exact same situation. Even then we have to realize everyone responds in different ways.
So, I won’t apologize for my characters being REAL people and making REAL choices (and mistakes!)
I hope you’ll enjoy the journeys these stories provide.

LINKS to books by A.D. Ellis (contemporary male/female romance and male/male romance books are available) Books range from FREE to 99¢ to just $2.99 with some great box deal sets as well.
author.to/ADEllisAmazon
bit.ly/ADEllisiBooks
bit.ly/ADEllisKobo
bit.ly/ADEllisNook

Torey Hope series:
For Nicky
Because of Beckett
Christmas in Torey Hope
Loving Josie
Torey Hope: The Later Years series:
Decker
Sawyer
Zach
Kendrick
Something About Him series:
Bryan & Jase
Brody & Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment